Medicare QuestionsCategory: General MedicareHow can I get a new Medicare card if mine is lost or damaged?
Ashley Staff asked 1 year ago
1 Answers
Ashley Staff answered 1 year ago

To get a new Medicare card, you’ll need to either go to your local Social Security Office or visit the Social Security Administration website. You’ll need to input your legal name, your Social Security number, and your birthday.
If you get your Medicare through the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), you’ll need to contact the RRB directly to order a replacement. If you have a Medicare Advantage (HMO, PPO, or PDP) plan, you’ll need to call your plan carrier directly to get a replacement card.
Make sure to write down your Medicare number and keep it in a safe place so that you can remember your number if your card is lost or damaged. If you lose your card and are concerned that it may have been stolen, be sure to watch your statements for any billing that looks incorrect. You can call 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477) to report fraud or a stolen card.

Have questions? Ask a Licensed Agent!
Before You Go - Don't Forget!
Save Money on Your Prescriptions with a FREE Discount Drug Card!
Yes! I Want My FREE Prescription Discount Card
No Thanks!

Why Spend, When You Could Save?

Click the button to get your FREE personalized prescription discount card!
Prescription Discount Card